Friday, September 24, 2010

Taking Care Of Me!

Life has been crazy lately!  It's always busy with three kids but I have reached my limit and my body is mad at me!  A couple years back I had a root canal on a tooth that the doctor wasn't too sure about.  I guess the cavity was pretty bad and most of the tooth had to be sanded away. About a month ago I started to notice a yucky taste near the tooth, and upon closely checking it out I noticed that the tooth was unstable...even a bit loose.   I was under the impression that a tooth with a root canal wouldn't hurt but if there is an infection it will eventually make the gums, jaw, face and neck hurt. 

So, with everything else going on right now I get to go to the oral surgeon today to get the tooth pulled.  Today is my initial visit so not sure if they will give me antibiotics and have me come back next week or if they will just do it today.  I am hoping for today!  I have had teeth and wisdom teeth pulled before and know that the pain of recovery is actually better than what I am feeling right now. 

Alex's surgery is just 4 days away now and I want to be at my best to take care of her.  I was really hoping to take care of this after her surgery but I am afraid of making the infection worse.  I know that is not too safe to do. 

Oh the joy....

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your messages!