Tuesday, September 21, 2010

One Week Until Surgery!

So, in one week my baby will be wheeled into an operating room and have her tonsils removed.  I know, so dramatic but I am seriously nervous about it.  I am not worried about the actual procedure but the recovery.  I have heard that it is pretty painful! It's hard to really prepare a child for that.  You don't want to scare them yet you don't want them to feel betrayed either! I have explained it to her somewhat but will tell her more as it gets closer.  She is just looking forward to laying around and watching tv for 10 days!

My other big concern is school!  I have contacted all of her teachers telling them that she will be out of school for at least one week but have been reading online that recovery can be much longer.  According to her doctor she can go back when ever she feels up to it.  I know that some of her teachers are getting work together for her that we will do at home when she feels up to it. 

My last stress is that I will be alone to care for Alex.  Ben is leaving the morning after her surgery day for a 5 day business trip to Washington D.C. I am sure it will be fine but it will be hard not having any extra support.  I will be heading to the store before her surgery to really stock up on all of our needs. We have two other kids who are in elementary school that I will have to get to/from school and help with homework, feed, bathe etc.  

Otherwise Alex is doing fine.  Little aches and pains here and there that I have no idea if they are related to her arthritis or not.  I just keep taking notes of it and will share it all with the doctor next month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your messages!