Monday, September 6, 2010

Last Day Of Summer


Today is our last day of summer break!  Ryan and Kiersten go back to school tomorrow...Alex has already been in school since early August.  As much as I am looking forward to my nice quiet days I am dreading the homework, early morning craziness, evening bath chaos and oh yeah...homework!
We spent the weekend up in Ventura going to my cousins birthday party and staying with my aunt and uncle.  It was lots of fun.  It was just what we needed after a crazy week of stress!  In fact most of the time we were there I had totally forgotten about Alex's new illness. 

She seems to be fine, just a bit tired.  I was surprised that she did not want to join us at the pool today.  She said that she just felt too tired to go.  Not trying to put too much into it.  Going out of town and traveling can be a bit much sometimes. 
She had her school dance on Friday night.  She had an absolute blast with all of her friends.  She did complain the next moring a bit about feeling sore but not too much. 

I have been doing lots of research on her type of arthritis.  I wish there was more info out there on being diagnosed with it at such a young age.  I guess that just means that I have to be the one to have a great blog full of information for parents in the future.  Not sure if I already mentioned it but I was contacted by The National Arthritis Foundation about hosting my blog at their site.  I am honored and will be doing that soon.  I just want to be a bit more educated before doing so.  I will let you know when it happens.

I guess that's all for now.  Lots to do today for getting the kids ready for school tomorrow!! Hope you are enjoying your holiday weekend!

Above is Alex on her first day of school!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your messages!