So after that last post I received a few questions for me. Don't worry....Alex is still going to answer your questions too. I will just post the questions and you can scroll down and read any you are interested about.
- 1. Do you have Psoriatic Arthritis or Psoriasis? No I don't but my husband and his mom have Psoriasis. His mom also has arthritis as well.
- 2. Does Alex have Psoriasis? No, not yet anyway. Only 15% of people with Psoriatic arthritis DONT end up getting Psoriais.
- 3. Will it ever go away? Well, her symptoms can go away (remission) but she will have it for the rest of her life.
- 4. What's the hardest part for you as a parent? I would have to say the worry about it all. You worry if these medicines can be doing permanent damage, about her long term prognosis, what if we lose our insurance and on and on. But, I would have to say that I have a lot of confidence in her doctor and feel that everything we are doing is the best we can do at this point. I pray about it a lot too and have our church and friends praying for her all the time.
- 5. Will your other kids have it? We really don't know. I was just reading that it is not extremely common for siblings to get Juvenile Arthritis. So, we will just wait and see.
- 6. What's one thing that you want other people to know about PA? I think what I want everyone to know is that yes kids can get arthritis too and it can be very serious. We are so so lucky that Alex has a very mild case but there are thousands of children out there that are wheelchair/home bound because their disease is so debilitating they can not function. I had no idea until Alex was diagnosed. These families need our support through prayers and donations so that a cure can be found!
That's all I have for now. If you have any questions for Alex or me just leave a message. Thanks again for reading about our lives. It means a lot to me!