Monday, February 6, 2012

Coming Soon.....






Wow, I have had so many new visitors in the past 24 hours!  This is so exciting!  Thank you all so much and welcome!!  
So, a while back I was having a conversation with Alex about her arthritis and her involvement in it's community.  You see,   it's all so new to us and we were not even really aware of what was out there for her.  So I went searching on the trusty internet and yes I found some information but  I wanted to find other moms, other teens, other experiences of what worked for families and what didn't, advice on what to tell your friends when they ask why you have missed 12 days of school already and why your mom has to give you shots......I just couldn't find what I was looking for.


So, it got me thinking... there has to be more families, kids, moms, grandparents, teachers etc out there who feel the same way.  This illness is just as serious as some other highly talked about ones yet not many people know about it.  I started this blog when Alex was first diagnosed to keep in touch with my family to keep on top of how Alex is doing but then I thought....why not expand this and reach others who need help and answers too.   


I kinda left it up to Alex....after all she is the one with arthritis not me.  Well, she wants to start a blog/website for other teens dealing with this. It will be a sub blog attached to this one where she will write about topics related to being a teen with arthritis and other fun stuff too  She is so excited about it.  She is starting with a video greeting/ q & a series.  I will post the video here when she is finished but for now she has a request for all of you.....


Please leave a question in the comments for her....it can be whatever you'd like....about Psoriatic arthritis, what it feels like, what she wants to be when she grows up, favorite tv shows etc.  You can also leave topic requests.


Your support in this means so much!  By the way, I have also been in touch with some great ladies at the National Psoriasis Foundation and we are very excited about doing some great things with them in the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your messages!