Monday, July 30, 2012

Beauty Rest or Extreme Fatigue?

Hello friends.  Hope you are all having a great summer!  It has been a very mild summer here in San Diego.  The seasons really are changing!  We have not used our A/C once this summer which is really crazy!  Hey, I'm not complaining....I love a breezy 74 degree day like this!!

The girls start school in a week.  I'm not looking forward to it at all.   Carpooling, homework, early bedtimes and oh yeah homework aren't for me!  But, it is what it is.  Alex will be a high schooler!  9th grade!  I remember 9th grade like it was yesterday.  My first boyfriend, lockers, Friday night football games, dances, etc.  I am so excited for this time in her life!

Kiersten will be attending the same school but entering Middle School. It's a K-12 Charter school.   My youngest Ryan will still attend the elementary school down the street.  He will be a 4th grader.  He has the same teacher that Alex and Kiersten both had so that will be nice.  We really like her and she knows our family well.

Alex seems to be doing well......that is when she is not asleep.  I have never seen someone sleep as much as her.  I think what has happened is that her sleep times have been  turned around.  She is staying up so so late because she can't fall asleep but then she sleeps all day.   Last night I told her to go to bed at 11 pm and as of right now, 11:44 am she is still out.  I have gone to rouse her a couple times and she can hardly keep her eyes open to talk to me.

I have chatted with a few other RA moms and they all say their kids are the same. It could have to do with the fact that her body is constantly attacking itself, or the meds, hormones or that she simply needs the sleep.  I told her we need to start keeping a log so that we can see if there is any pattern to it. When she is awake she is fine.  She is full of energy and  happy.  I guess the reason it concerns me is because it seems to be getting worse.  I don't know how she will be able to sit through a day at school let alone come home and do homework.

Her appointment is in a couple weeks but I am hoping to get it moved up.  I will be sure to let you know.  So, bye for now.  Have an amazing week and I hope that wherever you are, you are able to get out and enjoy some great weather!!  Happy Summer!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your messages!